Friday, August 21, 2009

Back to School Ready

Backpacks, school supplies, new tennis shoes and clothes - all purchased. The 7th grader has attended his orientation, received his class schedule and locker number. His hair has been cut for the athletics program (the shortest it has been in the last couple of years and wow! The boy has beautiful eyes.)

The 1st grader met her teacher yesterday and is ready, ready, ready!

The only person not ready is me!

Waaaaaaaa!

I know this was the last summer we would have together with me as a stay at home mom and I'm wishing it was the start of summer vacation instead.

***

The garden will be ready for planting peas and beans this weekend. Last month I looked at the county ag/extension for the planting dates and could be planting up till October (turnips).

The first of September, spinach and cabbage will go in, then two weeks later the lettuces, radishes and parsnips.

The girl and I planted earlier this week, a bunch of herbs in individual pots (sweet basil, chives, cilantro, Italian parsley, oregano, rosemary, spearmint and tarragon).

***

I'll update the Crack the Fat diet on Sunday.

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Patience said...

They'll do great in school. And you'll probably survive it too!!

Debbi said...

I hope you love gardening as much as I do. We're getting ready (in another month or so) to put the gardens to bed for the winter. How fun to be able to plant and grow all year!

Hope the kids have a great school year!