Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 Had Such High Hopes . . .

Have you ever had trouble reading the last few chapters of a book because lack of time or exhaustion preventing you from finishing it?.

I sooooo wanted to close the book on vileman by the end of 2009.

Not going to happen.

Now his trial is set for late February 2010.

I wonder how many more victims he violated from the time he got out of jail in July 2008 to present time?

I had such high hopes for 2009 - a divorce the first week of the new year and the house sold in first month of the second quarter. . .

But it seems to be ending with a fizzle . . .

Still no job - I feel so unworthy.

I cut all my hair off - I feel so ugly.

Screeeeeeeech . . .

Best to put on the brakes and not think about things that make me feel like dog doo.

I will find a job in 2010.

My hair will grow out.

8 comments:

Jill said...

2009 was a year of change. 2010 will be a year of closing those chapters and starting a brand-spanking new book. It doesn't matter when it begins, only that it begins. These next 12 months are going to be YOURS!

Solitary Life said...

I am so glad to see that you wrote! I have been following your blog for a very long time. I love anticipating the new year and the fresh start it can bring. Since 2009 was pretty awful for you, 2010 can ONLY be a new beginning. I will keep you in my good thoughts and cheer you on as you find employment in 2010. And when you do, getting ready in the morning will be very quick with short hair...there is a positive :)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Surviving so many challenges and changes had to be difficult, but you DID survive. Let the next year be the one in which you thrive!

Vickie said...

okay, I'll ask - cut your hair like a three year old hiding in the bathroom with a pair of scissors or had your hair cut short? and are we going to get to see a picture?

I really thought you were going to have everything resolved by the time 2009 closed too.

I am surprised that this (dawdling) happens in TX. I thought they were very aggressive in handling these types of things. It is hard to believe how close he will be to the two year mark by the time all is said and done.

And I keep hoping that he WILL be caught doing something else so that it will be a double deal, slam dunk, no bail kind of thing. Do you suppose he actually stopped or is just smarter?

I really feel for you!

Not everything got resolved in 2009, but several big things DID. And that is something.

Helen said...

New decade, new you, new hair...sounds like a lot of GOOD stuff will be coming in 2010 (and the teens)!! New Year's Eve should be a big celebration of good riddance to bad stuff...and welcoming a new period of GOOD and NEW. I like it. But I still want to see a photo of the hair. ;-) HAPPY New Decade!

Cindy said...

Happy New Year! Maybe you can close the door on vileman somehow independent of the legal process, or close some of the doors, or something! Anyway some good stuff happened in the year 2009 and more good will happen in 2010 !!! The hair will grow and the job will come! Glad to see you posting!!

Vickie said...

Here is to the start of your new year! I thought of you immediately this morning and wanted to wish you well.

Hanlie said...

Jill said it all! Before you know it, the sun will break through the clouds for you and from then on you will walk in the light. All the best for 2010!