I went through a life-altering, stress filled year and I only managed to LOSE LESS THAN 15 POUNDS!!!!!!!!
Not only that, half of those pounds have crept back on, thanks to giddiness. Grrr.
So, back to doing what worked in the past:
- Eat healthier (the Dash diet worked when I lost 30 pounds in the past)
- Smaller portions
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day
- Keep a food journal
- Take vitamins
- Walk at least 5 times a week
- Weight training 3 times a week
- Meditation - quiet time
- Setting goals
- Weekly weigh-in
In the past, I tried to consume the whole pie on day one, which only set me up to fail. Now that I'm older and wiser, I have portioned out a few slivers for this week and when those are mastered, I will add a few more slivers.
Goals (slivers) for this week:
- Writing down everything I eat in a notebook (no calorie counting)
- Walk at least 3 times
- Drink 4 glasses of water per day
- Take my vitamins
In the meantime, I have been re-reading my favorite diet books - not for a diet plan - but for tips and reading all your blogs for motivation.
Have a great day.