Thursday, May 14, 2009

Checking In

I got nothing new to report, just have been so busy with after-school activities and illness. When I do get on the internet I have been trying to read all of your blogs instead of blogging. I'm on dial-up and it is so slow that once I have read a few blogs, I have to either go pick-up children from school, or leave to take a child to a practice, dance class, or baseball/t-ball game.

Five year old had the coughing virus a couple of weeks ago that lasted for 10 days, then last week she threw-up around 11:30 pm and didn't stop dry heaving for 12 hours. She wouldn't try Helen's honey remedy and the promethazine gel (from an earlier pukey virus) didn't help. I NEVER want to see orzo pasta again. Ever. Never. Never. Never. Ever again!

I have been following the criminal trial court docket (vileman) and for the last two months his case was number 53 on the docket but I noticed on Tuesday, that it had been continued by agreement (CBA). Which tells me, they (the police/DA) have a good case against him and his lawyer is delaying the trial to keep him out of jail. Anybody out there really know what/why the defense attorney and the district attorney agree to delay a case?

The kids and I benefit (as long as he is still working) by collecting another month's of child support. Also, the vileman still owes me $$$$ on back child support payments and reimbursement of attorney fees. He owes about 50% of the note (I received all of his 43% portion of the equity in the house) and per the divorce decree those payments start in June.

Oops! Accidentally hit the publish button - Grrr.

School will be over with at the end of the month (Yippie) and I'm so happy that I was able to stay at home this past year, despite everything that has happened. But it is time for me to really (seriously, really) look for a job before vileman is shipped off to jail.

I have two posts running in my head and know I need to get them out here so I can "let go". One of them is about finding out vileman is probably a psychopath (I use the word probably, because he hasn't been interviewed and labeled that based on an evaluation. That is the word along with 'anti-social' that the healer has used in our sessions to describe him). I don't know why I can't sit down at the computer and write it out, but for some reason I would rather put it off. Hmmm.

Anyway, off to eat lunch. Have a great weekend.

11 comments:

Hanlie said...

It's always good to hear from you... It sounds as if you're doing well, despite the illnesses and the busyness!

Vickie said...

glad you posted - I had wondered what you are doing.

The streets of fat blog land have been pretty empty - I think we are all winding down our years - even the people not dealing with the end of school - have been mostly gone.

I have been thinking about paralysis all week. Even though I recognize it - even though I know that it feels worse to avoid - put off - and that what I am avoiding is worse in that stage than in the reality stage - I still go toward it - It makes me think of Ghost Whisperer - they always avoid going toward the light - and all the trouble is in the not dealing. Mine remains MAIL - which is a pretty silly thing - after ALL the things that I HAVE dealt with - but yet - it remains like an envelope boogey man.

Patience said...

Was wondering if you disappeared?! Sounds like things are moving along okay, but will be so much better when you get the money owed!

Laura N said...

So glad to see your post. Sorry to hear about the little one. That sounds so miserable, for both of you.

I hope the words will find themselves flowing from your fingers; when you are ready they will come.

Summer is almost here!

Helen said...

Sorry she wouldn't take the honey...it's a miracle. Always good to hear from you... :-)

Cindy said...

I too and glad to hear from you! I am with you on being glad that school is almost out. I will be job hunting in the recession market sometime not so far off from now as well. And I have had sick kids and sick self for what seems like an eternity. We have a lot in common! I am also no stranger to sociopath/phsychopath anti social or whatever you want to call them. It is hard to write about. The words will come when you are ready.. Keep working with the healer as long as you can. You deserve it.

Sally Parrott Ashbrook said...

I sent you an email in reply to your question, but I'm not sure if you're still checking that GC email address, so I'm gonna post it here, too.

I emailed your question to a friend of mine who is a D.A. This is what she says:


There are any number of reasons to continue a case. Vacation/unavailability of any person including the attorneys, witnesses, crime lab, police. Usually, if there's an agreement, better to get that entered sooner rather than later. If she is the victim, she could contact the victim assistance program in the DA's office to keep track of status. But, if she's just an interested by stander, she could appear for court to find out why the matter is being dismissed.
Criminal courts can take a while to try a case. If the defendant is not in jail, his case has less priority than an individual who untried in jail.

Hope that helps.

Jill said...

Hey! For some reason I couldn't post anything for several days - the little text box wouldn't show up. Weird.

So glad to hear that you and the kiddos continue to heal. When you are really really ready, those posts will come. I can't believe it's been almost a year since all this happened. I'm still amazed that you have held yourself together and created a different, albeit better, life for your kids and yourself. You are an amazing woman Doc. :)

Diana Swallow said...

I think its going to take time to resolve but every day that passes you're a little bit further away from that situation and that life and no matter how you look at it, away from HIM and THAT is a good thing.

Laura N said...

Hi A. Your comment on my blog today made me tear up. I'm so glad to know you know you are not alone!

Vickie said...

thinking of you every day - please post something when you have a minute - we don't mind whatever the topic - it does not have to be soul searching - we just all like to hear from you.